The Casket of Fictional Delight 2017 Flash Fiction Competition Rules
THE COMPETITION HAS CLOSED
Please read the rules carefully before entering, thank you.
- 300 words maximum (does not include title), there is no minimum.
- Entries may be on any theme and written in any style. The only exception is NO Children’s fiction. Please note this is not a poetry competition.
- Closing date is midnight on 31st May 2017.
- Entries are judged anonymously; entrants’ names and contact details should NOT appear anywhere on or in the Flash Fiction text.
- There is no limit to the number of entries.
- The winning entry will receive £150, the top three flash fictions will be published on The Casket of Fictional Delights. The top 10 flash fictions will be made into a special audio recordingand published on iTunes, SoundCloud, TuneIn and Stitcher.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or over on the 31st May 2017.
- The competition is open to all writers of any nationality writing in English.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been previously published, in print or online (including self-published, ebook, magazines, journals, websites, blogs, and social network sites), or broadcast or won a prize in another writing competition on or before 16th October 2017. Simultaneous entries are welcome – but please let us know as soon as possible if a flash fiction is to be published elsewhere, in print or online (including self-published, ebook, magazines, journals, websites, blogs, social network sites), or broadcast or has won a prize in another writing competition on or before 16th October 2017.
- Any entry found to have been plagiarised will be disqualified.
- Entry is online, please follow the instructions on the website carefully.
- Entry is £5 per flash fiction, £12.50 for 3 or £20 for 5. Discounts only apply at the time of entry and cannot be made retrospectively.
- Entries will not be returned, please keep a copy.
- Entries may withdrawal from the competition by notifying The Casket of Fictional Delights via email; entry fees will not be refunded.
- The judge’s decision is final,
- The judge is unable to comment on individual entries.
- The Casket of Fictional Delights cannot enter into any individual correspondence.
- The longlist of author names and flash fiction title will be published on the Casket of Fictional Delights website in August 2017. Please note those longlisted will not be notified individually.
- Only the top 10 winning entries will be individually notified by email.
- Winning entries will be notified individually by email in September 2017 and published on The Casket of Fictional Delights website in October 2017. The special audio recording will also be published in October 2017.
- Winners will need to provide a short biography.
- Copyright of any entry remains with the author, but The Casket of Fictional Delights has the unrestricted right to publish and record the winning entries on its website and audio outlets and in an anthology (at some point in the future if the opportunity arises) and in any related material for PR purposes.
- By entering the competition you agree to allow your email address be added to the mailing list of The Casket of Fictional Delights. You are at liberty to unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time.
- Entry implies an acceptance of all the 2017 Flash Fiction Competition rules. Entries that fail to comply with the entry rules may be disqualified.